Extending its citizen outreach partnership programs, the Missouri City Police Department operates a community Mini-Station at 2440 Suite #150 Texas Parkway.
The 1,000-square-foot station is located down the street from City Hall and in the same building complex at the Wells Fargo Bank. This location will help police officers achieve multiple crime-prevention goals such as;
- Providing citizens more access to police who patrol and protect the area.
- Contributing to intelligence-led strategies to curtail crime citywide.
- Allowing officers to build on existing alliances with businesses in the Corridor, which will continue to enhance economic development growth in the region.
- Decreasing the overall amount of time officers assigned to the Northern section of the City spend away from their designated patrol areas handling routine administrative matters. They will now be able to take care of some issues at the Mini-Station.
- Promoting the home and business inspections offered by certified police officers who share safety and security recommendations.
- Citizens can expect a consistent police presence at the facility as all patrol officers assigned to the Northern section of the City will maintain visibility at the location as they report on and off-duty from the Mini-Station. As personnel become available, the Mini-Station will be staffed on a 24-hour timeframe.
The Mini-Station office is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Citizens can visit with officers to share community concerns, file a police report, and receive handouts on the City’s proactive policing projects, including the Crime Watch and House Watch programs.