- April 2010 - Houston Business Journal presents Missouri City with its 2010 Landmark Award for community impact for the Quail Valley Parks Project, emphasizing its social, environmental, and economic importance to the Show Me City and to the Houston area.
- April 2010 - Missouri City receives the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for sound financial management and fiscal responsibility from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for the 22nd year in a row.
- July 2010 - Missouri City was named #21 on Money magazine’s list of the “100 Best Places to Live in America." The magazine polled families for what is most important for them in choosing a place to live and they said safe streets, real estate you can afford, good schools for their kids, and good jobs. An independent research firm compiled the information using federal government databases.
- September 2010 - Missouri City Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald Sr. was awarded the 2010 President’s Award from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Missouri City and Vicinity Branch. The organization recognized Fitzgerald for his hard work, his dedication to reducing crime in the community, and for being a role model for young African-American men that desire to become police officers.
- September 2010 - Missouri City was named employer of the year by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services for employee support of a colleague who contracted a serious infection. City managers worked with agency specialists to ensure that the transition back to work would be seamless for the employee.
- September 2010 - The Scenic City Certification Program, developed in 2009, recognizes Texas cities that excel in fostering a sense of pride in their communities by utilizing strict ordinances and regulations. These initiatives result in increased economic development and property values.
- October 2010 - Missouri City’s Municipal Television (MCTV) station was recognized by three national and state-wide organizations:
- MCTV won its first national award from the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA) for excellence in government programming.
- The Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers (TAMIO) awarded the station first place for their bulletin board and a second place for the “Mulch Madness” public service announcement.
- MCTV won two third-place honors from the Texas Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (TATOA); one for overall excellence in government programming and the other for the video “Season of Joy,” for programming with the most impact on a community.
- October 2010 - The city was honored with the Patriot Award by the national committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve from the Department of Defense for outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to city employees who have answered the nation’s call to serve in the armed forces.
- November 2010 - Again this year, Missouri City’s safe streets were recognized by Congressional Quarterly in the national magazine’s annual ranking of America’s safest cities. Listed at #36 nationally and #5 among Texas cities with low crime, the Missouri City continues its proactive policing policies and partnering with citizens to combat and cut crime.
- December 2010 - Avid Golfer magazine ranks the El Dorado Golf Course #1 for the "Best Overall Value Under $40" for public courses and second among the "Top 10 Value Priced Courses under $50" in the Houston area.